Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentines Day and OPA!!

After much deliberation (and procrastination), I have finally decided to join the vast world of blogging. I have put it off thinking that I really don't have much to share with everyone. However, I so enjoy the blogs of a few close friends that I would like to give it a whirl and share my family with others; as "others" have so graciously done for me.

Today is Valentine's Day. We are still in Florida with Nathan and decided to enjoy the beautiful area by a boat ride in Tarpon Springs. The girls LOVED it!! The weather was beautiful. Just right with a nice overcast so as not to get too hot (as many of you know, I greatly appreciated this). Tarpon Springs is a small greek community founded for its sponge harvesting. The area is filled with manatees, dolphins, osprey, and even eagles! We saw all of the above, minus the manatee. We were told where we would be sure to see some, however, a long day of eating greek food, boat riding, and bird watching wears on a three year old quickly. We will be sure to see the manatees next time!

Overall a fantastic day. Definitely one to go down in the books!! Now if I could just quit eating the greek pastries we brought home...

No comments:

Post a Comment